The Craft New York Act, which will take effect in 30 days, provides New York manufacturers with greater opportunities to market their products, including:
- allowing producers to conduct tastings and serve “by the bottle” and “by the glass”;
- permitting farm distilleries to increase the retail outlets where they can sell and offer samples of their products;
- lowering the food requirement that must be met by manufacturers when offering tastings and consumption on premises;
- allowing farm distilleries to obtain a permit to operate a branch office, eliminating the need for a separate license; and
- reducing costs for small manufacturers by increasing the production cap and permitting the production of more product without increased fees.